I’m a bit of a hoarder. I’ve been saving these little disposable wipes flip tops for almost 2 years now. Yesterday I picked up a handful of them and set to work making this Peek-a-Boo sensory board for my 2 year old.
Here’s a step-by-step about how I did it.
Step 1 – Gather your supplies
- A fabric covered Board (or any sturdy board)
- Flip tops of disposable wipes containers
- Hot glue gun
- Pieces of different materials (as many as your flip tops)
Step 2 – Attach flip tops
Step 3 – Cut out materials
Step 4 – Paste materials in position
Step 5 – Let it dry.
La la la la laa.
Note: You might add embellishments to take it a step further. But read the following warnings before you proceed.
- It provides distraction from the actual toy
- If (and they will) little hands pick them out, embellishments can be a choking hazard
Step 6 – Bring the baby in to play
Tip: Materials Used
You can use the board for various other activities.
- Materials (this post)
- Textures (Baby-friendly)
- Colours (Baby-friendly)
- Family photos (Baby-Friendly)
- Memory game
- Snap Card Game
What would you use this idea for? Let me know in the comment below.